- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Serves: 3-4
- Freezing: not recommended
Be the first to rate this recipe
Add fried potatoes on the side with Fish Orly and you’ve got India’s version of Fish and Chips.
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) lemon juice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic paste
- 1 lb (454 grams) fish fillets (angler, cod or sole), cut into ½” (1.3 cm) wide strips
- ½ cup (125 mL) Golden Temple® No. 1 Fine Durum Atta Flour
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 3 cups (750 mL) Crisco® Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- Mix first four ingredients. Add fish to marinade and mix to coat. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or fryer up to 350˚F (175˚C).
- Mix flour, salt and black pepper in a separate bowl. Add eggs and water and mix well.
- Dip fish fillets in batter. Carefully drop into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot alone or with choice of chutney.
- ©/® Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. or its affiliates.