- Prep Time: 5 minutes + 1 hr for marinating
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 8-10
- Freezing: not recommended
Be the first to rate this recipe
Always a hit at summer barbeques. In cooler weather, just use the oven and it still works its magic!
- 1 lb (454 grams) ground lamb
- ½ cup (125 mL) onions
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Thai green chilies, chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chickpea flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) coriander seeds, coarsely crushed
- ½ tsp (2 mL) garam masala
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dry mango powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter for basting
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Divide into 8-10 parts. Cover. Set aside for 1 hour to marinate.
- Soak 8-10 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Drain water.
- Pack a layer of lamb mixture with wet hands on to the length of skewers leaving about an inch on each end.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat or oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Grill until done, 5-8 minutes basting in between.
- Place kababs on a baking sheet lined with foil, if cooking in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes, baste with butter and continue baking for 3-5 minutes until done.
- Serve hot with mint cilantro chutney and side of cucumber raita.
- If grinding your own meat at home do not discard fat. Fat in the meat makes kabab moist. Add about ¼ cup (50 mL) fat if using lean meat.
- ©/® Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. or its affiliates.