- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Makes: 1½ cups (375 mL)
- Freezing: not recommended
Be the first to rate this recipe
This lip-smacking, crunchy snack is truly delicious!
- 20 oz can (566 grams) chickpeas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Crisco® Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chat masala
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Rinse and drain chickpeas thoroughly. Pat dry. Remove any loose skin.
- Transfer to baking sheet. Add oil. Mix. Spread in single layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine seasonings and set aside.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and toss with seasoning. Return to the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave chickpeas in the oven for another 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Try different spices like garam masala or black pepper for variety. Or toss with your choice of salad to add an extra crunch.